Again, I was overwhelmed with a surge of fear until somehow, I was instantly back in my body below, in the same position I was in when I'd fallen asleep. The only difference was that, I was now very much awake! I knew that everything I'd just gone through was real and not some kind of a dream. I didn't really understand it myself and so I couldn't begin to try and explain it to someone else. I knew it had to be from God the Creator, because it was alive and no one else could have made it... I believe He showed me a hill, a heavenly hill that was a sacred place, somewhere, a long ways away from planet earth. In retrospect, I believe my spirit had been taken on a journey through several layers of stratosphere, space and distance in a matter of seconds.
The whole unexplained experience was so powerful and overwhelming that I wept. I had a head cold that night when I went to sleep, but after acknowledging everything to God, it was gone. I finally went back to sleep after I'd become totally exhausted. There wasn't anyone that I knew who would've wanted to hear anything about it. They'd just think I was out of my mind. Except for telling three or four people, I've kept it bottled up for forty years. To this day, I don't know exactly why I was given this experience. The only intended message that I can take from it, is that it was to show me how beautiful it is in heaven, and that the place I've seen will be there for me someday, if I want it...
In addition to the other radical experiences I'd already had in life, especially those of living like an animal in the jungle for eight months and getting blown away with a hand grenade, I'd also been given this out of the ordinary experience of seeing another world which was a devastating experience and one more 'under my hat' that I couldn't really share with others. I've occasionally thought it would've been better not to have had the volume of radical experiences I've had. It would've certainly been a lot less stressful anyway. With somethings in life, there's just nothing we can do. Unfortunately, there are a lot of folks in my own community who haven't been outside of a fifty mile square. When they do venture out, it's only to socialize with members of their own local church or family members. When trying to reflect to them an experience that's a little different or unusual, they just look the other way. They can't begin to identify with life outside of their own comfort zone...
Living in our own little protective environment, where we can remain unaware and free from any harm of the world around us may appear to be the ideal way to live, but it would only be at the expense of remaining mentally insecure, uneducated and inexperienced. It doesn't take much to see that a college education can't begin to provide us with the self confidence that only real life experiences can give us. From what I can see, people finally going out into the larger community, or the "real world," who have always had an overly protected life, will be lacking in coping skills and lucky to survive. In addition to making it rough on the nerves, I don't think being preoccupied with having others tell us how to do everything would make for a very pleasant way to live...
Anyway, moving on into my early twenties somewhere, my desire was what it had always been, to get married and have a family. It seemed that after trying several years to make it work, I'd done everything I could think of to make it happen. The latest relationship following the one with my fiance didn't work out. Even though we both tried, it apparently wasn't meant to be. Consequently, I chose to get away and regroup. In this case, I chose to take a trip to California, some place far away where it was warm. I didn't have much money, so through a friend of mine, I hopped a ride on a semi truck going from Morley, MI to Los Angeles and visited a cousin of mine. I got another motorcycle after selling my BSA a few years earlier. It was a 650, chopped Triumph with a 14" springer front end on it. I put it in the back of the semi and took it with me in order to have my own transportation when I arrived in CA. The plan was to continue on to Hawaii after selling it in LA.
0 comments:
Post a Comment