Love is virtually impossible to describe, because of its invisible and intangible characteristics. But, it is powerful enough to hold the north pole to the south pole, and devastating enough when vacant, to break a heart. It's probably the most difficult thing in the world to explain to someone. It's ironic, because it's what's holding all of the planets of the universe together, and everything else that's around them. I think the only reason so many people don't want to realize the truth about love is because it involves accountability, personal responsibility, and selfless commitment. I don't believe there is an acceptable way to dismiss its presence, because it's everywhere and it's the essence of life... I think anyone who says that love is a game is simply a game player, one who either doesn't want to grow up or doesn't value the meaning of life.
All other forms of life stemming from the planets, which have a north and a south pole, and I'm sure they all do, go through the same process of male-female reproduction. Even though we may not experience it the way we would like to in our life time, I think it's comforting to know that love exists throughout the universe. Wherever we may venture into outer space, the life forms that we will encounter have all had to go through the same love-life process to get to where they are... Love, therefore, in my estimation, regardless of what people want to accept, is literally the very thing that holds everything together. Without it, the birds wouldn't sing, the bees wouldn't make honey, and who'd really care??
If God exists, he obviously then is the originator of love because love is the working agent, or the active substance in the origin of life from what I can see. So I concluded back in the early 70's that God is love and love is God. They are one and the same, and you can't have one without the other. The initiator of all life must then be the embodiment of love, however you want to classify it....
It was really nice to begin to realize these things. After going through all of the experiences that didn't make much sense up to that time, I was finally finding some answers. No one else seemed to have a clue. No one else seemed to really care. The stereotypical life that I was living with my fiancee back then was as we said back in the sixties, "Really freaking me out!!...." We were going through the motions, but we really didn't understand each other.
I needed a relationship with someone that made sense before I could commit the rest of my life away. I'd already been dragged through enough nonsense in Vietnam and burdened with a family that was definitely dysfunctional, to say the least. I didn't want to make things even more unlivable by marrying someone that I didn't have a clue to where she was coming from. Just because I loved her didn't mean that she loved me. We had a lot of things in common, but a lot of differences in how far we would each go to be together, both physically and mentally.
0 comments:
Post a Comment